JFK International Airport
If interested in becoming a Midas franchisee at this location, please click here and someone will be in touch with you to speak about this opportunity further.
|Employees||Annual Flights||Annual Passengers||Lot Size (Acres)|
|35,000||471,482||47,807,816||5.7 - 9.6|
JFK is the nation's premier international gateway. In 2007, the airport welcomed 47.7 million passengers, including 19.6 million international passengers - more than any other airport in the United States. JFK ranks in the top seventeen among the world's airports in total cargo throughput moving over 1.7 million tons in 2007. The proposed Project represents a unique and challenging opportunity to develop a Service Station/Truck Parking Facility in one of the world's premier airports.
The following is a brief overview of the key site elements:
As per the RFP requirements the site plan has allowed for a dedicated truck parking area. The site will feature unattended pay for parking and be monitored by remote video and on site surveillance. With a minimum of 50 parking stalls to a maximum of
The main building will host a variety of services. The main fast food option will be a Food Court with a dual drive thru in order to manage the demand from drivers with a short break.
- Food Court - Having surveyed the local transportation providers there was an overwhelming demand for certain ethnic foods. The proposed food court area will cater to these requests. The offering of a variety of foods will attract visitors more often. The food court will feature an open seating area similar to food courts at shopping malls. This open dining area will also be Wi-Fi enabled.
- Current Tenants Include: Mario's Pizza, Five Guys Burgers and Fries, Manchu Wok and Baja Fresh.
- 7-Eleven - The plaza will also offer a 7-Eleven in order to cater to the quick stop needs of customers. The proposed 7-Eleven will be between 2,700 - 3,000 ft. The store will supply customers with convenience store items and lottery.
- Car Wash - There will be a dual bay car & truck washing facility. This will be a full service facility catering to all airport visitors. The washing bays are over 80 feet long in order to boost the throughput of cars per hour. The carwash business in the surrounding boroughs is a 24 hr business that in certain cases is busier at night than during the day.
- Quick-Lube - The idea of the facility is to provide a quick oil change and light auto repair facility on the airport grounds. The facility will be equipped to provide additional repair services such as tire repair, amongst other services.
- Dry Cleaning - GAZ Realty is proposing an optional dry cleaning service where the work will be performed off-site. The idea is to cater to airline and airport staff in addition to the potential traveler who can drop off their dry cleaning and pick it up when they return from their trip.